-
March 19th, 2000, 11:32 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I have tried to contact many times to
Terratec?s Tech Support to know when is planned to release a new version of Ed!son
with improved akai import instruments or better SF2 importing functions (without problems).
Does anybody know when?
The terratec Ews 64XL is a great soundcard, but re-programming AKAI sounds is a real waste of time because, for example, if you use nemesys Gigasampler you can get Akai sounds with high quality, without programming multisamples, layers, etc. In many cases, I have programmed up to 120 samples to obtain a real acoustic guitar sound, in a total of 24 mbytes of only one instrument. The results are fabulous, but is a lot of work for every kind of instrument.
By the way, if you have 32 or 64 mbytes of memory in the soundcard, the use of nemesys gigasampler is not taking advantage of it. Then, if you use the Ed?son with improved- importing-instruments-functions, that can result in less work and faster obtained soundbanks.
Please, tell me what you think...
Gustavo
------------------
-
December 3rd, 2001, 01:51 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Hi, I've upgraded my EWS64XL to 32 mb but I can't load any set greater than 20 mb into edson, have you done it? what is the tip?
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks